AppFlood Global Mobile Android Advertising Insights Q2 2014
Jul 17,2014 by Francis Bea
AppFlood publishes a report diving into quarterly mobile indexes, updates, and insights into the global mobile industry. This quarter’s AppFlood Global Mobile Android Advertising Insights report analyzes Q2 2014, revealing general global benchmarks including eCPMs, CPIs, and mobile ad spend behaviors of Chinese advertisers in their bid to expand to the Western markets.
China matures the global mobile app ecosystem
China's influence on the global app economy continues to be fueled by growing budgets on the tune of 123% QoQ growth compounded since Q2 2013. In fact, China accounted for 60% of global mobile ad spend on AppFlood's network in Q2 2014.
AppFlood continues to track the business strategies of major Chinese mobile technology companies in their globalization efforts, this second quarter report reveals that the types of apps promoted globally are apps - not games. More specifically it's productivity apps that garner the largest mobile ad budgets. As a result of China's budget and app promotion, the global mobile market is beginning to mature particularly within emerging regions of Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America as evidenced by growing app consumption rates (higher install rates) and more budget invested into acquiring users from these regions.
Other AppFlood’s Q2 2014 key findings include:
- eCPM in Q2 2014 was $0.97
- Mobile traffic grew 56.5% QoQ
- Average global mobile ad budget grew 19.1% MoM
- Global mobile spend has been growing at a rate of 58.1% QoQ
- 53% of global mobile ad budget spent on acquiring users from Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Oceania
Read the AppFlood Global Mobile Android Advertising Insights Q2 2014 report below:
Recommended For You
Francis Bea is the Content Market Manager at PapayaMobile. Francis writes about the intricacies of the global mobile advertising industry and analyzes industry trends for AppFlood. He hails from the tech blogging world, where he got his start at Digital Trends, and contributed to TheNextWeb, PSFK, CNET Asia, among other tech blogs, and his reporting has been cited in numerous major publications. Francis holds B.A. in English and Art History from The University of Wisconsin-Madison.Google +
- 7 mobile app monetization mistakes to avoid
- Battle of the ad formats: List ads or Panel ads?
- AppFlood Global Mobile Android Advertising Insights Q2 2014
- Android developer's 3 step guide to making more money with mobile ads
- AppFlood Global Mobile Android Advertising Insights Q4 2014
- What is the average mobile ad install rate for Android and iOS?
- Breaking down Chinese app store and channel revenue share deals
- 10 Google Play alternatives to boost Android app installs
- What is real-time bidding really and how does RTB work?
- 5 tips to make more money with mobile ads in 2013 before the New Year